About the Doctor
Doctor John S. Winford
I have been practicing in this same location for 24 years serving Memphis and the Midsouth. I graduated PHI Beta Kappa from Southwestern (Rhodes) in Memphis. I graduated from UT. Dental School in '70 with these honors: OKU and Dean's Society. I was the first person to graduate from UT-VA perio residency in '76. In my residency I was trained in sedation and general anesthesia. Since '78 I have been an AHA instructor in both BLS and ACLS. I am the past president of TN Society of Periodontology and an active member of these organizations:
- Memphis Dental Society
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology - 25 year member
- TN Society of Periodontology and taught part-time at U.T. Dental School for 16 years as an associate professor.
I was trained on the Branemark Implant System in '86 for the past 10 years I have been using the Steri-Os Nobel pharma system. I was trained to perform maxillary sinus lift surgery to bone grail for implants by the pioneer in this field Dr. Hilt Tatum. Majority of our employees Vicki, Karen, have been here over 15 years.
List of procedures:
1. Periodontal treatment for pyorrhea of gums
2. Implants to replace missing teeth
3. Periodontal maintenance (cleaning) by hygienist trained in deep cleaning